The event on November 14-16 at the Ross Bridge Conference Center in Birmingham is entitled Reach for Zero.
“This year's theme … calls on every miner to be effective through his or her awareness of the essentials of mine safety and health,” organizers said.
“As our economy continues to improve, our responsibilities also grow. Our topics focus on current issues and will provide technical information from government, community and industry leaders.”
Included on the itinerary is a full-day pre-conference on November 13 which will offer two track options of safety and health management or industrial hygiene and health.
Also on the schedule:
- Emergency preparedness through the Red Cross – Chris Osborne, Red Cross
- Disaster contingency planning – Keith Harris
- Core safety – Walter Simpson, North American Coal
- Navigating the MSHA website – Tiffany Blair
- Identifying and solving ergonomic problems in coal preparation and mineral processing plants – Jonisha Pollard
Breakout sessions will be held on topics such as coal mining, metal/nonmetal mining, and stone/sand/gravel mining.
A gold outing and charity dinner are also on the schedule.
For more information, visit the Southeastern Mining Conference website.