Patriot president and chief executive Paul Vining said the team gave the company a broad knowledge base of thermal and metallurgical coal markets and would be able to serve customers in uncertain times.
“With the strength of our new sales and marketing organisation, we are fully prepared for the dynamic market conditions both in the US and abroad,” Vining said.
Patriot’s new sales and marketing team is headed by senior vice-president, and chief marketing officer, Michael Altrudo.
Altrudo’s team includes:
- Sales and trading senior vice-president Robert Bennett
- Sales and marketing senior vice-president Terry Hale
- Contract-administration director Carol Damba
- Transportation director James “Tom” Dilley
- Market-research director Paul Schnapp
Patriot produces and markets coal from the Appalachia and Illinois coal basins in the US.
Listed on the New York Stock Exchange, the producer controls about 1.9 billion tons of proven and probable coal reserves.