Compliance upgrades Raven

COMPLIANCE Energy Corporation has upgraded the resource at its Raven Coal deposit in the Comox Coal Basin in British Columbia.
Compliance upgrades Raven Compliance upgrades Raven Compliance upgrades Raven Compliance upgrades Raven Compliance upgrades Raven

At Compliance Energy's Raven project.

Angie Tomlinson

Measured and indicated resources are 72 million tonnes and inferred resources are 59.4Mt.

 

The new resource estimate upgrades the deposit’s measured and indicated status of semi-soft coking coal.

 

"Our objective with the 2009 drilling program was to increase the size of resource and we have accomplished that by increasing the measured and indicated resource by 85 per cent while maintaining the amount of inferred resources,” Compliance chief executive John Tapics said.

 

The company will now move to complete a feasibility study.

 

Raven – most likely to be developed as a slope-portal, room and pillar operation – is scheduled to cut first coal in 2012 if given the green light.

 

It is located about 20km southeast of Courtenay on Vancouver Island, BC, within 2km of rail and power.

 

Raven is owned by the Comox Joint Venture, 60% held by Compliance with the remaining 40% held by Itochu Corporation of Japan and LG International Corp of Korea.

loader