Dr Roy Moreby describes how increasing longwall dimensions have impacted on ventilation and gas management.
- Updates on Glencore’ plans for two new mines
- Consultant Andy Rutherford describes the half-web cutting method.
- DBT’s plow technology in China .
- Interview with new Thiess boss, Roger Trundle.
- Russel Frith (Strata Engineering) argues the merits of pre-driven roadways
- Glenn Everett (Australian Mining Consultants) outlines some new thinking around longwall productivity.
- Consultant, Mark Kingshot, analyses the differences between rack and captivated chain systems and outlines pros and cons when selecting a shearer haulage system