Gold Road Resources are currently sourcing a highly skilled and experienced Processing Manager for the Gruyere Gold Project located within Western Australia’s newest goldfield, the Yamarna Belt.
- Senior management role with well-respected ASX-listed emerging gold producer
- Unique opportunity to be involved in full start-up from plant design to operations
- Perth-based role initially before moving to FIFO operational position
Gold Road Resources (GOR) is an ASX-listed emerging gold producer that is progressing the Gruyere Project through feasibility, while continuing to explore for new world class gold deposits.
As Processing Manager you will work closely with the Project team to provide technical excellence on the design, construction and commissioning of the 7.5Mpta CIL processing facility then lead the department through operations.
Reporting to the General Manager Operations, the Processing Manager will be a senior member within the Operations Team taking responsibility for:
- Working with the Project Team on the detailed design of the Process Plant and associated infrastructure by providing technical expertise
- Implementing and managing process control systems, improvement programs, reliability systems, development and change management systems.
- Overseeing preparations for the process plant operations including recruitment of personnel and development of processing and maintenance training material
- Developing and implementing the processing department’s standards, systems and procedures
- Driving a culture of quality and efficiency within the department focused on maximizing value and continuous improvement.
- Building the processing and maintenance teams through the construction phase preparing them for operational readiness.
Subject to achieving the necessary Company approvals and once in operations, the Processing Manager will be responsible for:
- The successful operation of the entire processing and associated focused on safe, efficient, cost effective and reliable operations,
- Managing the departmental budgeting and forecasting process
- Managing contractual relationships with various third parties associated with the operation of the plant
- Developing a highly motivated and high performance team that delivers on agreed KPI’s and targets.
As the successful candidate, it is essential that you possess the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Metallurgy, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 12 years’ experience working in gold processing operations.
- Experience in start-ups from design to construction, commissioning and into operations will be highly regarded
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar department head level positions leading Process departments on large-scale processing plants (crushing, grinding & CIL circuits)
- Previous experience developing and implementing robust reliability systems, processes and structures within the Processing department to be readied for steady-state operations.
- Experience working with local communities and developing competency based training programs
- Previous experience using IFS (preferred) ERP software
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a high profile emerging gold producer taking it from design into operations. The Processing Manager will initially be based in Perth, WA working from our West Perth office for approximately 12 months with occasional travel to site during construction then moving to a FIFO arrangement during the commissioning and operations.
Regular travel to Gruyere will be required through construction prior to commencing the FIFO phase. Domestic and International travel may be required.
For further information and a confidential discussion, please contact Lachlan Spicer at Globe 24-7 HR and Recruitment on +61 8 9328 3100 or to apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org