Weir Minerals is a global leader in supplying total solutions for minerals processing. We are market leaders in providing trusted technology and unrivalled service to enhance our customers' operations in more than 70 countries across the globe.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Production Manager in the Elastomer Division of our Manufacturing facility based in Artarmon (Sydney).
The Production Manager is an integral member of the Elastomer Team and is accountable for delivering the KPI's that comprise of the annual business plan of the manufacturing unit to meet the SHEQ, output, costs, operating efficiency, and specification requirements of the business.
The key responsibilities of this role will include: (but not limited to)
- To manage the creation, prioritisation, planning, scheduling, execution, and follow up of rubber product production activities
- Assist in the preparation of annual expenditure plans and operating budgets and is expected to manage the departments' activities in such a way as to support the achievement of site and company goals for safety, productivity, and reliability
- Lead and support the Teams to deliver their individual and collective targets
- Promote continuous improvement in quality, safety at work, productivity, reduction in defective goods and costs to achieve world class manufacturing principles and practices.
- Develop the medium to longer term improvement and development strategies for the Site's personnel and equipment
- Provide leadership, coaching, support, and if necessary, correction and discipline to the individuals within the department. Demonstrate behaviors that provide an example and role model to plant personnel, reinforcing the company values by showing respect to co-workers and holding others accountable for their actions and responsibilities
- Undertake gap analysis and remedial action planning in conjunction with the teams
- Maintain high levels of communication on all relevant issues with own team and others as appropriate
- Ensuring trained competent staffing is available, including interviewing and recommending recruitment of personnel
- Ensuring Team Leaders are developed, and personnel skill targets are achieved to support operations requirements
- Ensure the safety of plant and personnel by providing leadership in the team and by complying with regulatory requirements with relation to plant and equipment. Also ensure the integrity of the manufacturing operation by ensuring conformance to company and statutory requirements for the management of risks such as manual handling, traffic management and confined space entry
- Support the safety and quality requirements of the business by ensuring that required production activities are executed as planned
- Work closely with the team to identify, prioritise, and execute projects and work programs that will improve plant efficiency and operability. This will include developing a culture of active engagement in identifying and implementing improvement opportunities within the manufacturing unit and encouraging and facilitating regular communication at all levels of the organisation to identify, evaluate, and eliminate the causes of downtime or operational instability
- Support and provide guidance to the development of the teams towards delivering product to internal & external customers
- Establish and drive a Team Based Work System manufacturing unit
To be successful for this role, you will possess:
- Tertiary education in Scientific/Engineering/Management discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Management of personnel
- A minimum of 5-years line management experience gained in a high-volume continuous production environment. Operating at a middle management level and have been part of a team who has successfully implemented a multi-faceted change program and is now capable of leading such a change program at a manufacturing unit level
- Proven leadership skills, including conflict resolution and negotiation skills and the ability to promote teamwork and positive human relations
- Demonstrated experience/ skills in production and project planning and management
- Continuous Improvement & leading and managing change
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people, both verbally and in writing, including ability to use confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people
- Sound computer literacy skills and knowledge of Microsoft products
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Facilitation, coaching & development skills
- Research, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Initiative and tenacity
- Outcomes driven
- Ability to balance production, safety, environment, and resources
- Total Quality Management - tools and techniques
- Company bus that picks up you from the St Leonards train station
- Corporate health benefits
- Additional employer superannuation contribution
- Relocation would be considered for the right applicant
Weir Minerals Australia is a dynamic and growing organisation, so in return for your commitment to us, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package including exposure to industry leaders and best practice.
Safety is at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to achieving a zero-harm environment for our people and expect all Weir employees to behave according to our high safety standards at all times.
To view the full details for the role and to apply, please submit a cover letter and CV via our careers portal.
All offers of employment will be subject to passing a pre-employment medical and a drug & alcohol screen.