• Site-based technical leadership opportunity in Open Pit Gold Mining
• FIFO from Perth to Laverton region of WA, 8:6, 4:3 Roster
• Excellent camp and facilities including WIFI and mobile service
Dacian Gold Limited is a growing ASX listed Australian gold producer (ASX:DCN), producing 110,000-120,000oz of gold per annum from its 100% owned Mt Morgans Gold Operation located near Laverton, Western Australia.
The Company commissioned its' nameplate 2.5Mtpa CIL processing plant at Mt Morgans in March 2018 and through operational improvements is currently operating at ~3.0 Mtpa, fed by ore mined from open pits at Jupiter and Mt Marven. A number of advanced open pit and underground development opportunities are being progressed that have the potential to provide additional near-term production sources and positive cashflows.
Dacian is focused on continuing to unlock value across its large and highly prospective tenement package at Mt Morgans, situated amongst several multi-million ounce gold mines. Following completion of the merger with NTM Gold Ltd in mid-March, the high-grade Redcliffe Gold Project will be incorporated into the Mt Morgans operation, providing additional future production sources.
With continued operational momentum, a strengthening balance sheet, improving production optionality and mine life growth, the Company is well positioned to create value and deliver returns for its shareholders.
The Company is seeking to employ an experienced, technically proficient Mining Engineer for the role of Mine Planning Superintendent - Open Pit, who will provide a high level of service in all areas of mine planning to the open pit mining team, inclusive of both Dacian and mining contractor personnel.
This role is offered on a 8 days on, 6 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off roster. Reporting to the Mine Manager - Open Pits, responsibilities of this role will include;
- Development, optimisation and application of fit-for-purpose mine planning systems and processes in an operating environment
- Complete mining studies, inclusive of pit optimisations, designs and schedules for deposits within the limits of operating open pits or within the annual budget timeframe, up to and including Ore Reserve estimation and reporting. Be the Competent Person for such Ore Reserve estimates in accordance with the JORC Code 2012.
- Review and optimisation of designs for operating open pit mines to deliver positive safety and production outcomes
- Prepare, or oversee the preparation of practical, detailed, and risk adjusted short, medium- and long-term mining schedules
- Track operational performance against mining schedules, keeping the Mine Manager - Open Pits updated on progress, risk and mitigative options
- Ensure alignment of geology grade control drill programs and block model updates with the planning cycle and production objectives
- Provide technical oversight with respect to blastmaster and geology ore block designs for the purpose of ensuring mineability and minimising ore loss and dilution.
- Ensure actual ore loss and dilution is calculated and reconciled against that estimated on a monthly basis
- Assist the Mine Manager - Open Pits in the preparation of annual budgets
- Assist with feasibility studies and project execution planning / approvals as required from time-to-time for deposits beyond the limits of operating open pits or the annual budget timeframe
- Work collaboratively with mining engineering, geology and mining contractor management, supervisory and technical personnel
- Train, coach and mentor mining engineers
We are looking for an experienced, technically proficient Mining Engineer who has a proven history in a operational team environment.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following criteria;
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering or related discipline, with +8 years of post-graduate experience
- A minimum of 5 years in site-based technical production and planning roles, preferably at gold mining operations and up to a senior level
- Competent in the use of mining software, preferably Deswik
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, whilst thinking both strategically and commercially
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, operational, team environment
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately. Please apply now.