• Perth office-based technical opportunity with growing WA gold producer
• Key technical role, providing support to the business across all functional areas
• Make a significant contribution to the strategic direction and future growth of the Company
Dacian Gold Limited is a growing ASX listed Australian gold producer (ASX:DCN), producing 110,000-120,000oz of gold per annum from its 100% owned Mt Morgans Gold Operation located near Laverton, Western Australia.
In March 2018, the Company commissioned its' nameplate 2.5Mtpa CIL processing plant at Mt Morgans, which as a result of operational improvements operates at 3.0 Mtpa. Open pit mines at Jupiter and Mt Marven currently provide ore feed to the plant. A number of advanced open pit and underground development opportunities are being progressed at Mt Morgans to provide additional near-term production sources.
The recently completed merger with NTM Gold Ltd, will see the high-grade Redcliffe Gold Project developed and incorporated into the Mt Morgans operation. Ongoing exploration across Dacian's large and highly prospective tenement package at Mt Morgans, situated amongst several multi-million-ounce gold mines, is focussed on unlocking value in the medium to long-term.
With continued operational momentum, a strengthening balance sheet, improving production optionality and mine life growth, the Company is well positioned to create value and deliver returns for its shareholders.
The Company is seeking to employ a Perth office-based Principal Mining Engineer to provide technical mining expertise to support the business across all functional areas. The role requires a suitably experienced, technically proficient individual who possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), responsibilities of this role will include:
- Providing a key mining interface between operations, project delivery, exploration, and corporate.
- Developing Company technical standards for operational mine planning; Ore Reserve estimation; and life-of-mine plan development.
- Defining requirements for mining study stages relative to the Company's project development pipeline.
- Coordination of the Company's annual Ore Reserve estimate and life-of-mine plan update in conjunction with the site-based operations team.
- Working closely with the exploration team to assess deposits for mining potential following completion of drilling programs and to guide further work.
- Providing mining technical expertise to support senior Company management in the assessment of potential acquisitions.
- Providing technical support to the COO and site-based operations team with respect to achievement of operational targets.
- Completing, or coordinating the completion of mining studies from scoping through to final feasibility.
- Assisting with the preparation of mining or mining related contracts as required.
To perform the duties of the role, regular site visits will be required.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following criteria;
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 15 years post-graduate mining industry experience, with exposure to open pit and underground hard rock mining operations, preferably in gold
- Have demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, whilst thinking both strategically and commercially
- Extensive experience in open pit and underground mine planning in an operational setting
- Exposure to mining project evaluation
- Have the requisite experience and professional affiliation to be a Competent Person for Ore Reserve estimates in accordance with JORC 2012
- Competent in the use of mining software, preferably Deswik
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and able to work collaboratively with and provide direction to teams across all functional areas
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately. Please apply now.