• Foundation leadership position within a newly formed mining Joint Venture.
• New world class Mineral Sands Project in Western Australia.
• Perth or Kimberley based role with attractive remuneration package.
Kimberley Mineral Sands Joint Venture (KMSJV) is a 50/50 joint venture between Sheffield Resources Limited (Sheffield) and YGH Australia Investment Pty Ltd (Yansteel), formed to develop the Thunderbird Mineral Sands Project. Thunderbird is a large-scale, world class mineral sands project planning to produce zircon products and ilmenite suitable for manufacturing titanium dioxide pigment or smelting into chloride slag. With low environmental impacts and long-term community benefits, the Project is fully permitted and ready for construction. The Project is located 140km by road between Broome and Derby in Western Australia and has a current mine life in excess of 37 years. The two-year construction period of the Project is planned to commence in 2021.
KMSJV is committed to equal opportunity and provides a workplace where all employees are treated fairly, with respect and where each person's talent and contribution are maximised. We support diversity and aspire to have a workforce that represents the communities in which we are located.
KMSJV is committed to providing real benefits to the Kimberley, local Aboriginal communities and Aboriginal people. Aboriginal and Kimberley located candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
About the Position
This newly created position is a fantastic opportunity to join a newly formed mining joint venture in a pivotal leadership position to influence corporate values and organisational systems prior to the start of Project construction.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager People will be responsible for leading workforce readiness, developing HR strategy, implementing people management frameworks and systems and human resources preparedness for the Project in construction and into operations.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Actively fostering a culture of zero harm to all employees, contractors, visitors, community and the environment, whilst ensuring compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Ensuring that the Company's interests are upheld with respect to industrial relations and employee relations and engagement for Company employees and contractors
- Providing leadership and your valuable expertise into developing niche HR strategy, culture and organisation development, tailored to a diverse mix of regional based and FIFO workforce.
- Developing systems, HR processes and procedures to manage the human resources for the Project construction and into operations.
- Developing alternative employment and people management strategies to maximise local employment participation.
- Work closely with the GM Operations to develop and provide technical guidance to the onsite HR team.
- Setting up organisation design and resourcing plans.
- Planning and developing workforce capability and providing guidance on driving performance.
- Driving leadership capability, learning and development and talent management programs.
- Providing direction on remuneration and benefits matters.
- Fostering diversity and championing aboriginal employment programs.
- Working closely with and managing key relationships with the internal and external stakeholders including, contractors, consultants, government, industry groups and other stakeholders.
- Strong people leadership including demonstrating consistent and visible support for the Company's vision and values, working collaboratively and helping local Kimberley people to build capability and produce sustainable long-term value for the region.
We are seeking a trusted HR leader who has a proven track record of achievement in the resources industry.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in Human Resources or similar relevant discipline. Further studies would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in scaling up projects from early-stage contract award through to execution, construction, commissioning and into operations would be ideal.
- Experience with development of HR and OD strategies aligned to business plans.
- Strong understanding of current HR practices and a working knowledge of Australian employment legislation.
- The ability to think strategically and develop alternative solutions, as well as roll up their sleeves to assist the organisation at all levels.
- Experience in Indigenous employment strategies and programs.
- A capable, collaborative and decisive leadership style.
- An individual who can effectively manage relationships, build networks and influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Advanced user skills with Windows-based computing software package and proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write clear, concise reports and presentations.
- An understanding of health, safety, environmental and community standards and a commitment to continual improvement.
- A current drivers licence.
This position is being offered as a Perth or Kimberley based role with some travel, as required.
The Kimberley offers a warm tropical climate and attractive relaxed lifestyle. Broome is a beach resort town with an exotic pearling past, whilst Derby offers a smaller community vibe. Both towns have a rich history and a unique multi-cultural mix of people. With pristine waters, wide empty beaches, abundant wildlife, spectacular fishing, and breathtaking colours the Kimberley offers an attractive lifestyle for singles, couples or families.
This position is a full time permanent position with a competitive remuneration package and incentives. Relocation assistance would be offered to a successful candidate, if they are willing to relocate to the Kimberley.
Help us build a truly great Project and Company from the ground up. As a values-led organisation, you'll be part of a team who exemplify our values of Sustainability, Integrity, Collaboration, and Performance.
How to Apply
When submitting an application please include a cover letter and current resume. All applications will be handled in strict confidence.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or via LinkedIn (preferred).
Prospective candidates must have the right to work and live in Australia to be considered for this position.