• Key executive position within a newly formed mining Joint Venture.
• New world class Mineral Sands Project in Western Australia.
• Perth based role with attractive remuneration package.
Kimberley Mineral Sands Joint Venture (KMSJV) is a 50/50 joint venture between Sheffield Resources Limited (Sheffield) and YGH Australia Investment Pty Ltd (Yansteel), formed to develop the Thunderbird Mineral Sands Project. Thunderbird is a large-scale, world class mineral sands project planning to produce zircon products and ilmenite suitable for manufacturing titanium dioxide pigment or smelting into chloride slag. With low environmental impacts and long-term community benefits, the Project is fully permitted and ready for construction. The Project is located 140km by road between Broome and Derby in Western Australia and has a current mine life in excess of 37 years. The two-year construction period of the Project is planned to commence in 2021.
KMSJV is committed to equal opportunity and provides a workplace where all employees are treated fairly, with respect and where each person's talent and contribution are maximised. We support diversity and aspire to have a workforce that represents the communities in which we are located.
KMSJV is committed to providing real benefits to the Kimberley and Aboriginal community and Aboriginal people. Aboriginal and Kimberley located candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
About the Position
This newly created executive position is an outstanding opportunity to join a newly formed mining joint venture in a pivotal role to influence corporate values, culture and systems prior to the start of Project construction.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), this executive position will be accountable for coordination and management of the Company's financial activities and reporting.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Financial planning, budgeting, business plans, major capital expenditure, capital management, reporting on financial performance.
- The primary point of contact on financial matters, responsible for financial analysis and reporting, cashflow management, management of Company assets and material commercial agreements.
- Financial governance and risk management.
- Leadership of the finance team.
- Working closely with and managing key relationships with the internal and external stakeholders including, contractors, consultants, government, industry groups and other stakeholders.
- Strong people leadership including demonstrating consistent and visible support for the Company's vision and values, working collaboratively and helping local Kimberley suppliers to build capability and produce sustainable long-term value for the region.
We are seeking a respected finance leader who has a proven track record of achievement in the mining industry.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or similar relevant discipline.
- CPA/CA qualifications. Advanced studies, such as an MBA would be highly regarded.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a senior finance capacity that demonstrates leadership qualities, preferably within the resources sector.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting project financing activities and negotiation of offtake and material commercial agreements is ideal.
- Strong experience in management and preparation of financial statements, including management of external audit functions.
- An understanding of equity capital markets and ASIC & ASX regulatory processes is preferred.
- A capable, collaborative and decisive leadership style.
- An individual who can effectively manage relationships, build networks and influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Advanced user skills with Windows-based computing software package.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write clear, concise technical reports and presentations.
- An understanding of health, safety, environmental and community standards and a commitment to continual improvement.
This position is being offered as a Perth based role with some travel to the Kimberley, as required.
This position is a full time permanent position with a competitive remuneration package and incentives.
Help us build a truly great Project from the ground up. As a values-led organisation, you'll be part of a team who exemplify our values of Sustainability, Integrity, Collaboration, and Performance.
How to Apply
When submitting an application please include a cover letter and current resume. All applications will be handled in strict confidence.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or via LinkedIn (preferred).
Prospective candidates must have the right to work and live in Australia to be considered for this position.