• FIFO Brisbane/TSV/Cairns 12/9
• Near-mine & Regional Projects
• Fast Growing Copper Miner
Pending ASX Listed Copper Producer, Austral Resources (ASX: AR1), is a Queensland focused copper producer soon to develop the Anthill open pit project, which is on track to produce 40 000t of LME Grade A copper cathode over 4 years, processed at the established Mouth Kelly SX/EW facility. Austral Resources currently enjoys a large JORC mineral estimate of 60Mt at 0.70% Cu (approx 423kt of contained Cu) with over 1940km2 of highly prospective tenements across the Mt Isa block.
Hot off the heels of closing their IPO book early, Austral Resources seek to appoint an Exploration Manager. This newly created role will be responsible for increasing JORC compliant copper resources by driving exploration success across both near-mine & regional projects through:
- Planning and development of cost-effective exploration programs
- Successful leadership and mentoring of the exploration team
- Stakeholder management, including continuing the close & successful existing relationships with First Nations people and landowners.
- Procurement & management of contractors and consultants
- Continued commitment to safe work practices
- Lead the generation of geological models
- Management and reporting of QAQC data
- Budgeting & JORC-compliant reporting
- Continual evaluation of business development opportunities
This permanent opportunity is offered on a FIFO 12/9 basis, ideally from Brisbane, Townsville or Cairns to the company's well-established and equipped camp outside Mt Isa. You will enjoy a large initial budget of $5m p.a., budgeted to substantially increase to ~$10m p.a. as Austral Resources reinvests significantly into exploration through successful near-term production. In addition, you'll be working with a well-respected, ambitious leadership team in a collegial work environment, light on politics but big on success. A market leading salary package with incentives is offered to reflect your calibre as a high-performing exploration leader.
Ideally, you will be tertiary qualified geologist with a successful track record in base metals exploration leadership across both near-mine and regional projects. Your distinguished career will embody exploration success and substantial experience across the Mt Isa district, coupled with a passion to develop a successful exploration function for a fast-growing copper producer.
Applicants must possess unrestricted Australian work rights and be available to commence employment in Queensland within 10 weeks. Relocation assistance is available if required.
Enjoy a blank canvas, substantial budgets, a mix of near-mine & regional projects with HUGE upside as copper tips over $10 000/t by clicking here to apply now!
Rock People are exclusive retained talent partner managing this process.