• Residential TSV 4/3; Great Lifestyle
• Significant Budgets; Attractive Remuneration
• Inclusive Culture; Respected Team
Ravenswood Gold is a private company owned by EMR Capital (EMR) and SGX listed Golden Energy and Resources Limited (GEAR). EMR and GEAR established a joint venture to acquire, operate and develop the Ravenswood Gold Mine which is located approximately 130km south of Townsville and 90km east of Charters Towers in north-east Queensland. Since 1868, over 4Moz of gold have been mined at Ravenswood, with another 4Moz still in resource.
In 2020, Ravenswood gold committed to a significant expansion of the existing mining operation, that will very soon see gold production increase to over 200 000oz per year and extend mine life by at least 14 years.
A rare technical leadership opportunity has arisen for a Chief Geologist (Exploration & Resources) to join Ravenswood Gold, to manage exploration and resources across the group.
Reporting to the CEO, you will add shareholder value by increasing mineral resource inventories through successful exploration leadership and sound resource governance. Key accountabilities will include:
- Development & execution of group exploration strategy, including near-mine & regional programmes (1200+ km²).
- Oversight of resource governance & mine geology.
- Assist in business development & due diligence activities.
- Leadership of the geology team, including recruitment & mentoring.
- Reporting, budgeting and compliance.
- Contractor & consultant engagement.
- HSEC and land access management.
This opportunity is offered on a residential basis in Townsville operating on a 4/3 day roster, although FIFO Brisbane (8/6/4/3) may be considered. An attractive remuneration package comprising of company vehicle, STIP & LTIP is provided. In addition to working on a great operation with significant exploration upside, you'll be working alongside a team of highly regarded management & technical professionals in a positive and inclusive culture.
Ideally, you will be tertiary qualified geologist with a strong background in technical leadership across both hardrock mine geology & exploration. You'll demonstrate sound commercial acumen, strong communication & leadership skills and a passion to grow company resources. Queensland gold experience, while not essential, is greatly advantageous.
Do you have the skills & the nous to be our next Chief Geo? Click here to express your interest with Alex Beutler of Rock People.