ROBUST, DURABLE DESIGN FOR UNDERGROUND COAL MINING
Strata's HazardAvert electromagnetic proximity detection system is designed to prevent machinery-to-person crushing and pinning-type accidents in underground mining. Designed to increase safety awareness, its audible and visual alarms alert miners of potential danger due to their proximity to operating machinery. HazardAvert also features autonomous braking for emergency situations.
The system generates electromagnetic marker zones around machinery and alarms when these zones are breached, both when a person approaches operating machinery or when the machinery approaches a person. The individual wearing the PAD and the machine operator are simultaneously warned. Multiple people and multiple machines in a working section can be detected at any time using the system.
The HazardAvert system for underground coal mines is built to be robust and durable, with all system components enclosed in explosion-proof (XP) enclosures.
HAZARDAVERT CAN AND HAS BEEN USED ON ANY MOBILE MACHINERY:
- Continuous Miners
- Shuttle Cars
- Roof Bolters
- Feeder Breakers
- Ram Cars
- Continuous Haulage
KEY FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY
- Stable, reliable and repeatable
- Every person wearing a PAD is detected by every piece of equipped machinery
- Fallen and elevated workers will be detected
- System can be interlocked with equipment to automatically slow, stop and/or disable hydraulics
- Any PAD can remotely stop any equipment in the worker's line of sight by using the Remote Stop function
- Zones penetrate almost anything - coal, rock, dust and water -working around corners and through ventilation curtains and barriers
- No line of sight is required
- Unaffected by light/darkness
- Does not negatively affect production and enables workers to operate safely