Join Australia's Mining Monthly editor Noel Dyson and our panel of mining experts as they discuss how they see Coronavirus changing the face of mining.
The COVID-19 crisis has massively impacted the business world and mining has been no exception. While mining in Australia is considered an essential business, the miners and their suppliers have made big changes to the way they do business. Longer swings, far more staff working from home and changed rosters are just some of those changes. When the COVID-19 crisis comes to an end, many of those changes will likely be undone. However, some will also stay. This webinar looks at what mining might look like in the new, post Coronavirus normal.
- What have been the predominant technologies that have come into greater use due to the changes forced by COVID-19?
- How do companies handle the big challenges of remote work? Could ROCs become even more remote?
- What are the benefits/threats in having people working remotely?
- What other threats are out there for miners at this time?
- How secure are supply chains at the moment?
- What do miners need to do to make them more secure?
- Are there parts of the supply chain more vulnerable than others?
- What will companies look to lock in, and what will they likely un-wind in terms of how they operate post Coronavirus?