NSW CHPP is a shocker

AN ELECTRICIAN received a shock while replacing a faded out-of-service tag on a disconnected 415-volt lighting cable at a New South Wales coal handling and preparation plant.
NSW CHPP is a shocker NSW CHPP is a shocker NSW CHPP is a shocker NSW CHPP is a shocker NSW CHPP is a shocker

The electrician was treated following the mine's site protocol.

According to the NSW Resources Regulator the mine's investigation found the circuit was still energised and had not been correctly isolated at the supply source.

"Coal operators should review the adequacy and reliability of the risk controls that are implemented at their sites to prevent electric shocks," it said.

"Electricians are reminded to prove that the circuit is dead before making any contact with it."